- Rodger Burchell
- An unusual verdict. The strange case of “Felo De Se” in Beaufort
- Contributed by Mr Phillip Prosser
- A Globetrotter in Tredegar.
- Martyn Thomas
- Interwar Relief Work in The Ebbw Fach Valley.
- John B. Hilling
- Early ‘New Towns’ in the Valleys.
- Rodger Burchell and Janet Karn
- A First World War Journey,The Journal of Corporal Henry Vicks.
- Robert Short
- A History of Tabernacle Baptist Church Tredegar
- Biographical Notes
- Information for Contributors
Brought up in Ebbw Vale Rodger spent much of his life working at Ebbw Vale steel works. Afterr this he worked as a lecturer in Archaeological fieldwork and Practice, spent 5 years as a geophysical specialist for SiteScan Archaeological, as a field archaeologist for Glamorgan Gwent Archaeological Trust, (GGAT), Church & Site Archaeology and CADW among others.He is an active member of several history and archaeology societies and is a practitioner of the ‘Chartered Institute for Archaeology’. His studies included Welsh History and its sources, manuscripts, maps, etc, Archaeology, Industrial Archaeology, Local History, Landscape History and Archaeology. His MA (Wales) focussed on the history of Milling in Gwent and he has written several ‘historic’ walks for the surrounding area.
Do you have a story to tell or interesting information you would like to share with us? We invite contributions relating to historic Blaenau Gwent for inclusion in Issue 27.
We are looking for articles from new contributors as well as from more regular ones so please contact us if you have work that you would like to submit.
Guidance Notes for Contributers
We ask that all contributors refer to the guidance notes below and can offer help and support if anyone would like this.